Connect with us

Entertainment

Former child star now Beauty Queen is back on ABS-CBN thru a role in “Ang Probinsyano”

Published

on

A former child actress now beauty queen Isabelle De Leon is taking a comeback in the showbiz industry after years of acting hiatus.

Isabelle is now part of the long Kapamilya series “FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano” in the ABS-CBN network.

It can be recalled that Isabelle played the role as “Duday” in “Daddy Di Do Du”, a defunct sitcom on GMA network during her childhood days. She started her career at GMA-7 in 2000 through the series “Munting Anghel” with Wendell Ramos and Antoniette Taus.

As she grew into a beautiful and smart fine lady, she joined the world of pageantry. And just last year, she was crowned as Miss Multinational Philippines 2019.

Prior to her coming back, Isabelle proudly posted behind the scenes from the set of FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano. This acting stint in the series marks as her comeback to ABS-CBN since working for GMA starting 2015.

Her role in the Kapamilya network’s primetime series is known as “Police Lieutenant Marielle Lascano” one of the female officers of “Task Force Agila.”

Many netizens got surprised to see her at the Kapamilya TV show since they have been used to see her on the Kapuso network.

Before, Isabelle also did kontrabida roles through the following TV series: Magkaibang Mundo (2016), My Guitar Princess (2018), Dragon Lady (2019) and the latest was the Madrasta (2019).

With her come back a lot of netizens commented:

” Isabella De Leon? This was unexpected!”
“I’m surprised she went back to ABS-CBN.”
“Beauty queen si Isabelle De Leon kaya sunod sunod career nya ngayon.”
“Isabelle was child actress of note, winning acting plums including FAMAS Best Child Actress in 2004 for “Magnifico.”

Welcome back to ABS-CBN Isabelle!

What can you say about Isabelle De Leon’s come back? Are you surprised as well?

Entertainment

Trending: Matteo Guidicelli and Sarah Geronimo now married; Mommy Divine not invited

Sarah and Matteo reportedly solemnized in a secret wedding, and even the popstar princess’ mother “Mommy Divine” was not invited.

Published

on

Celebrity longtime couple Matteo Guidicelli and Sarah Geronimo finally got married in a civil ceremony in a hotel in Fort Bonifacio, Taguig. The couple reportedly solemnized in a secret wedding, and even the pop star princess’ mother “Mommy Divine” was not invited.

The wedding took place on February 21, 2020. Amidst the secret wedding, Sarah’s mom accordingly crashed the wedding and asked a moment to talk to her daughter. Furious about Mommy Divine’s presence, Matteo allegedly punched the closed-in bodyguard of Sarah for telling Mommy Divine about the wedding.

Jerry Tamara, a bodyguard of Geronimo, went to the police station for a blotter of the incident. He, however, did not file for a case against the actor yet. The police blotter stated that the altercation happened at the Shangri-La Hotel in Taguig at around 11 p.m. on Thursday.

“Pinagdududahan na raw ni Mommy Divine na magpapakasal nang lihim ‘yung dalawa kaya inutusan niya si Tamara na i-inform siya sa pinupuntahan nila (Mommy Divine was already suspecting that they will wed in secret, so she ordered Tamara to inform her about their whereabouts), “ said Colonel Celso Rodriguez, Taguig Police chief.

“The actor suspected Tamara as the one who told Mommy Divine, so he reportedly punched him on the neck,” the police chief said.

The wedding was supposed to be secret and Mommy Divine was not expected by the couple. Matteo accordingly got mad when Mommy Divine came. The actor suspected that it was Tamara, who told Mommy Divine about the event hence he punched Tamara.

It can be recalled that previous reports revealed that Mommy Divine is not supportive of her daughter marrying Matteo.

Against all odds, the couple is now officially husband and wife.

Source: Manila Bulletin

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Sarah Geronimo shares that Mommy Divine handles her finances; singer hints how she works hard for the family

Published

on

There are various reports surfacing that Sarah Geronimo is not in good terms with her mother known as “Mommy Divine.” The conflict roots from Mommy Divine being not supportive of Sarah’s previous and current relationship.

The mother-daughter tension caused Sarah to secretly wed her longtime boyfriend Matteo Guidecilli, without inviting her mom.

But before this whole Matteo-Sarah-Mommy Divine controversy, it seemed that Sarah hinted in one of her past interviews how she worked hard to provide for their family.

Moreover, she shared that her mother was the one handling her finances. The said interview was way back in 2011. No further update yet if Sarah has already handled her money since then.

In 2011, the singer revealed that she trusted her mother in all of her finances. She did not even hold her own money, which caused her to lend some amount from friends whenever she went out with her pals.

“Hindi pa po ako nakikialam sa pera ko. Talagang ipinagkakatiwala ko muna po kay Mommy ang lahat,” said the then 23-year-old Sarah.

“Pero soon, soon po, aayusin ko rin po talaga para maging hands-on din ako sa savings ko, sa sarili kong kinikita. Mas may knowledge na rin tayo sa paghawak ng pera,” she shared.

Sarah also shared that she and her mom already talked about her possibly handling finances, especially when the famous singer decides to get married.

“Nabi-bring up ko rin po sa mommy ko ang topic na yun. Pero masyado po kasing busy ang nanay ko. Mas busy pa sa akin!” she shared.

“Pero, eventually po. May idea naman po ako kung magkano ang kinikita ko sa isang proyekto,” said Sarah.

Sarah has not given any update yet as to the management of her finances at present. Since the actress is now married to Matteo, the netizens hope that she is already the one handling her own money.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Myrtle Sarrosa moved to GMA Network after eight years being a Kapamilya talent

Published

on

After eight years of being a Kapamilya star, Myrtle Sarrosa officially transferred to the Kapuso network. The actress-cosplayer signed an exclusive contract with GMA-7 on Friday, Feb 21, 2020.

Myrtle is a 25 year-old actress and a cos-player. She started her career in showbiz as a PBB Teen housemate. Luckily, she became the winner in the PBB Teen’s 2012 edition.

Her career did not just stop there because, after that, she was given a big break by ABS-CBN, her home network.

But now, Myrtle is exploring opportunities in another network. Last Friday, she signed an exclusive contract in GMA-7. The Senior Assistant Vice President for Alternative Production Gigi Santos Lara and GMA Artist Center Senior Talent Manager Daryl Zamora were also present during the contract signing.

Prior to that contract signing, Myrtle Sarrosa shared on her Instagram account a post of excitement. She also promised her fans that she will not waste any opportunity.

Myrtle captioned the post:

“Starting a new chapter of my life. For a long time, I was really praying for guidance but what I didn’t know was that God is working in mysterious ways to prepare me and bring people in my life to open doors of blessings and opportunities.”

“I believe in God’s timing… But this time. I won’t waste away any opportunities. I’ll always give my best. I’m Thankful sa lahat ng well wishes ng lahat. Salamat mga kapuso!” she said.

In a report of GMA -7, the actress accordingly felt happy about this new career move and she could not believe she is a Kapuso star now.

“Kasi bata pa lang ako, nanonood na talaga ako ng iba’t-ibang fantaserye sa GMA and ngayon na first time ko makapasok dito sa GMA building, surreal pa siya sa ‘kin. Pero I’m so excited sa mga mangyayari dito,” she said.

The actress auditioned for a role in GMA Center last November and luckily received an acceptance call.

“Binigyan nila agad ako ng opportunity to showcase my talent. I really feel the warm welcome dito,” she recalled during her contract signing.

Do you think Myrtle’s transfer has something to do on the issue of ABS-CBN renewal of the franchise? Comment with your thoughts.

Continue Reading

Entertainment